Lately I’ve been feeling some pain. I’m not sure exactly what it is, and I don’t have insurance so finding out will be tough. I need to get to one of the community clinics here near home, but there are so many hoops to jump through, that the idea just stresses me out.
And I know that stress is part of my problem. The more stressed I am, the more I hurt. So for now, I’m trying to come up with ways to do some self-healing, keeping in mind that I WILL actually get to a doctor at some point.
It’s affecting my life more and more, and it needs to go away.
I did a week-long smoothie fast the week before Ostara as a general cleansing/life reset. It was lovely, and it actually DID help me feel better. I had some energy problems (I was trying to wean myself off of Coke Zero too, and the headaches were HORRIBLE), and I got pretty sick of smoothies. But I actually felt lighter, healthier, and just better. I want more of that.
During that time, we went to a friend’s house, and she’s on a mostly raw food diet right now. We sampled some of her snacks and WOW. I could do that. Not all the time, but now and again. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised.
I’ve also been reconnecting with my spirituality, getting interested in crystal grids, and talking to other pagans. It’s been lovely.
Seven Chakras (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Here’s my partial list of ways to be nicer to myself.
- Meditate more.
- Leave Fetlife, and spend that time/energy on writing, spirituality, my family, something that feeds me rather than drains me.
- Organize myself, including putting together a day planner.
- Get my YouTube channel going. I really feel the call to express myself this way now.
- Set up a crystal grid for creativity, and one for abundance.
- Finish Altar of Change (I’m close).
- Read more.
- Try to do vegetarian at least one day/week.
- Smoothies for breakfast MOST mornings.
- Finish the kyphi, and maybe a few other incenses to sell.
- Sleep enough.
- Start hiking.
This list will grow as I come up with other things.
I also have a new Pinterest that I’m playing on. You can find it at http://pinterest.com/amieravenson/. It’s really just a way for me to gather some thoughts, and there may be some character sketches there. There’s definitely a lot of lovely Pagan imagery. 🙂